Monday, August 10, 2009

On the Lighter, Proactive Side.... from Mary Doman...

Kris...

Here's another site that helps to feed hungry people, at no cost to the person clicking on the site. (Sponsors pay for the clicks.) The site is called "FreeRice" (www.freerice.com).

Here's how it works. A word is presented with four possible definitions. For every correct answer, 10 grains of rice is donated to the UN World Food Program!

The site has 60 vocabulary levels, and the level goes higher or lower depending on the correctness of the answer.

A person can play as often or as little as they want to throughout the day, every day.

I like the site because not only do I get to help feed hungry people, I also increase my vocabulary!

If you like it, I hope you'll put it on your blog! [I do, indeed!]

Mary

No comments: