Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy 48th Birthday, Mr. Prez! Plus, A New Chair.

"Barry" Obama is 48 today. This is his first birthday as President of the United States. He's a puppy. I'm ten years, five months his senior. No wonder he listens to me! (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!) He doesn't know me from Adam -- but if he stood us side by side and was told both of our names, I bet he'd get it right...

I bought a new work chair today. The one I had was a $50 Wal-Mart 0-3 hours chair. It worked fine for 0-3 hours but after that it became a (literal) pain in the neck/shoulder/lower back, so I knew my next major purchase ($200 plus) was going to have to be a really good, all hours chair.

I found the new one at Office Max after visiting several stores. As soon as I sat down in it, I knew it was The One. It fits, has lumbar support, is made of leather and cherry wood, and is oh so handsome looking. I sat in it all day and feel fine. It's a Broyhill brand. Top notch. The right tool for the right job. I feel reborn.

No comments: