Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stiff, Sore Kris Here...

It's just amazing how three days of painting/climbing ladders can affect a middle-aged body. (Middle-aged if you plan to live to 114, that is!) Gads, I still feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck in my "painting wrist." Otherwise, I'm 98% recovered... that's heading in the right direction at long last.

We're less than two days away from my half of the house being 100% finished. There are only about five boxes left to unpack. I should be able to put those away by tomorrow evening. YAHOO!

As soon as the base cabinets are installed (tomorrow, following the floating of the kitchen-area floor and the placing of the linoleum there), I can spring into action and make everything look fantabulous. I am SOOO looking forward to that. Then our contractor will head into Jackie's side of the house to do a few (much-easier, much-faster) things... things that don't take ripping up the floor more than it already is (in one small spot in her bathroom). We hope Jackie's side will be completed before Ray and his wife and son fly to Hawaii (August 22nd) for a week while their home makeover happens. We've been invited to be there for the home makeover "reveal" upon their return, so I'm looking forward to that...

What else? I'm disappointed by the John Edwards revelation. I guess such things shouldn't surprise or depress me, but they do. I feel so sorry for his wife and children. WHAT ARE MARRIED MEN THINKING, WHEN THEY BEHAVE LIKE THAT?! The fact is, they're not thinking sanely at all. They're just sin-sick and being utterly selfish...

It happens all too often. Not only in politics. It's very disappointing. Not even a covenant of marriage can stop all of it. It's pathetic.

No comments: