Saturday, August 30, 2008

Four Hours of Photocopying Later...


Because I blog now, and have for a year and a half, I no longer (or very rarely) journal. So last night I did what I should have been doing all along, and even did for about two months: I printed out all of these blogs, since mid-November of last year. (I already had the earlier ones printed and put into binders.) IT TOOK FOUR HOURS! Gadzooks, I hope I NEVER, EVER let it go this long again. Last time I took on the task, it took an hour and I pledged then not to get behind. This time I truly believe I've learned my lesson, the hard way!

But what can I say? More important things have been on my mind... I wish there were some way to save the blog to a disk, because then paper wouldn't be necessary. But I don't know of any way to do that... and if I did know how (if there is a way), they would be in reverse chronological order (newest first), and I don't want that. So... it is what it is and it's done for now and I feel very much "accomplished"! Once a week I'll give myself a reminder to back up the blogs on paper, so this doesn't happen again.

I finished an e-book for a lovely Christian lady yesterday. Or, finished the first draft. I'm waiting to hear if she wants any changes. She has two more she wants me to do right away, beginning this weekend, but the talking points/blueprint haven't come in yet, so I'm waiting. It's so great working on a Christian project with a sister in Christ. I've done it several times with other folks and it feels great to be using my skills to build the Kingdom. In this particular instance, I'm helping a social worker tout her non-traditional, Christian mental health therapy services.

And speaking of Christian writing... Yvonne Olson and I will be embarking on a writing ministry at our church, to encourage published and non-published writers who attend either campus to write to the glory of Christ and carry the gospel (via different venues and genres) around the globe. We'll be teaching grammar, spelling, hypnotic writing, playwriting for churches, blogging for Christ, how to find an agent, how to publicize a book "on the cheap" (free or low cost), and other topics. We're really excited about it! The first "introductory" gathering is scheduled for September 20th for an hour and a half. Please keep us in your prayers for great things to happen and for the talents of the attendees to be uncovered, shined up, and sent out into the world to make a splash for all the right reasons!


And on September 10th and 16th, four hours each day, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I'll be at the Puyallup Fair at the Democratic booth extolling the virtues of Barack Obama, Chris Gregoire, Adam Smith, and other local/regional candidates. I may also be there from 6-10 pm at night some nights, yet to be determined. I'm "on call" for the gang, in case someone has to cancel at the last moment or in case there aren't enough people at the booth to make a go of it.

Jackie is at the world-famous LeMay Car Museum show helping out today. She was there yesterday, too. She works with Dorothy LeMay (founder's widow) and other dedicated ladies in Altrusa, which does wonderful altruistic work in the region. She'll be there part of the day tomorrow, too, I think. This is how she spends part of her precious vacation. That's my sister! She's a keeper, for sure, for sure!

Dorothy LeMay just sold her company to a company in California (Hey, thank God! I suppose she could have outsourced it to another country!) so she's footloose and fancy free for the first time in many years. LeMay Transportation is very well-known in this region . They collect trash and do recycling, and many other things relating to transportation needs... have for decades upon decades. Dorothy has earned her retirement and I wish her all the best!

Guess that's about it for this time. (Print it out, Kris. Print it out!)

Have a great day and a wonderful three-day weekend. Watch the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon and pray that the hurricanes off Florida die down and spare the Gulf coast additional trial and torment. Pray for the safety of all the candidates who are running for office, and for the Secret Service agents who are protecting them... and all bystanders. We're getting down to the wire and passions and fears are high. Now is no time to allow the "hedge" we've asked God to build around these people to become breached or lowered. KEEP IT HIGH, KEEP IT IMPENETRABLE... KEEP EVERYONE SAFE. In America we strive for peaceful transitions of power, and by the grace of God, we usually get them. Let's "make it so" this year with continuing prayer...

Thanks!


No comments: