Friday, July 27, 2007

Bobbie and Joel Bobstein Strike Again!

I returned from work last night to find a small box sitting on my porch with an adorable return address label from the Bobsteins (you know, the folks who remembered my Mom on Mother's Day with the planting of a tree in Israel).

Now I can't tell you what it is right now, because in the main box were two small boxes -- one for me and one for Alison -- and if she is destined to receive the same gift, I don't want to spoil the surprise. But it is sufficient to say I couldn't be more tickled. I'm treasuring mine from now until eternity probably. It was sent to calm my nerves and surround me with "shalom" (God's peace) before, during and after the upcoming convention appearance, and has already begun its ministry.

I love it! Thanks, you two!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No blog last night because Thursday was crafts night at church and I was invited to show people how to make greeting cards using stamps, appliques, stickers, and such. My table was quickly surrounded by people ages 8 to 68 (I'm guessing -- I didn't actually ask ages) and we spent 90 minutes stamping, embossing, cutting, pasting, and generally having a great time. I dressed in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt, which was a major mistake, because it was HOT in there. Not just warm, but HOT, and I was doing a lot of moving around, which made it even hotter. But hey, we all survived and I'll know better next time... whenever next time is.

I've been selected to be the "greeting card teacher" at the women's retreat in late September at Cannon Beach, Oregon, so will be taking my stuff (lots and lots of it) down there with me then. Perhaps not quite ALL of it, though, because there seems to be a run on about ten to fifteen stamps and no use of the others... so I can save some weight by taking only the most popular stamp when I do this again.

At the conclusion of our evening, the ladies surrounded me and prayed for my knee (which I tweaked a little a couple days ago) and for enormous success for my presentation in Vegas. Oh, that reminds me! Two of these ladies want to "preview" the presentation and see what they think about it before the event. They are both self-proclaimed "Trekkies" (enjoyed TREK as kids) and so are interested in what I'm going to be saying. They're also a good way to "pre-test" the thing.... So I'll send it off to them and wait to hear back....

Off to work for the day! Be well! Love y'all!




No comments: