Monday, November 30, 2009

Here I Sit, Bleary-Eyed...

For a person with a relatively high IQ, I can't figure out why I don't go back to bed.
I got up at 3:30 and let Buffy, Jansy and Kiki outside to take a leak/poo, setting off the two labrador retrievers next door, which set off their owners: "Bob, that's enough! Quiet down!"

...blush...

It would have been fine if I had just set them down and, in silence, waited for them to finish their lawn duty. But no, I'm in the habit of congratulating the puppies when they go out to potty. And it was Buffy asking me to go out that got me up in the first place.

Praising the puppies sets Bob off. He wants to be praised, too, and comes running to the fence, barking and wagging... to the displeasure of his sleeping owners.

Oops...

So I have to curtail my early-morning congratulations and just stand there and remain mute while the kids score a touchdown -- in doggy terms.

I didn't go back to bed after the dogs came back in. That was a mistake. I responded to Elance clients -- both of whom were very happy with what I'd written for them -- and took a bath, and fed the cats, and ate breakfast...

Now it's 7:45 and I feel like I've been clobbered by Mr. Sandman. My eyelids are heavy, my mind feels dull and feeble. The only things working are my heart, other autonomic anatomical functions, and my fingers.

I should really, really, really go back to sleep for a while. No one needs me right now... and later today I'll be bathing and clipping my ex-brother-in-law's dog Kokomo and going out to the store for a few items. I avoided shopping this past four-day weekend because I like to get through check-out lines in under 10 minutes whenever possible, and I very much doubt that would have been possible this past weekend.

Oh, drat... just remembered. The comforter for my bed is still in the dryer, so even if I decided to crash for a while, I couldn't... without freezing... unless I find a spot in the dog bed next to the upside-down, snoring puppies. Alas, I wouldn't fit...

Oh, well. At least you got a blog out of it! Such as it is.

I promise: I'm getting camera batteries TODAY so I can post puppy pictures for you to see. I know you're dying to see them... or you should be, dagnab it! It's your duty! Puppies are precious! Dogs are 'dorable. Cats are contagious. Fish are fantastic. Guinea pigs are guilty pleasures. Horses are... okay, that's enough alliteration for one paragraph. I'm afraid I'd have to call horses something R-rated in order to complete the thought as an alliteration, and this is a G-rated blog!

So I'll rest my case, instead of my bones, and see what other kind of mischief I can get into while my comforter dries...

No comments: