Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rained Out But Not Vanquished!



The unexpected rain showers didn't dampen our spirits or shutter our plans for a wonderful Writer's Edge meeting.

Instead of meeting outdoors at beautiful Point Defiance Park, as planned, we were welcomed with open arms by the nearby Antique Sandwich Shop, where each of us wrote something (in ten minutes!) about God's creation.

The results were powerful. You can read what various participants wrote as they get posted to the Writer's Edge blog. (Yvonne asked everyone to post what they wrote to the blog, so I expect they will.) You can access Writer's Edge (where everyone is blogging for Christ) by clicking on the link in the first paragraph of this blog entry.


Here's what I wrote:


God's Creation
copyright 6/6/2009 by Kristine M Smith

In the beginning, God created...
In the middle, God creates...
At the end, God will create a new heaven and a new earth...

God is active, manifesting every sunrise and sunset
Every rainbow and rainbow trout.

When we forget this, life seems predictable,
sometimes shallow, often profane.

Walk in a garden during the rain;
What dampens our spirits awakens the earth

Nothing God does is wasted;
Everything God is, is here to remind us:

"I am with you always, even to the end of the age..."

Selah.

I took the Bible Challenge on Facebook and earned a "Bible Scholar" designation. I must thank all the pastors who took the time to teach me (and so many others) the foundational aspects of the Judeo-Christian faith. Without them, I would have received a Bible Dummy designation, without a doubt! I am indebted to all of them for giving me a love of and devotion to the Bible and to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

No comments: