Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It'll Be Ten Years Tomorrow....


The tenth anniversary of De's passing is tomorrow. Lisa Hamner is going to polish his star tomorrow (along with some other fans who are gathering for the occasion, I believe) and will write an article for the Long Beach newspaper about him that will appear tomorrow or shortly thereafter.

As for me, I'm going to focus on all the years he lived and on the blessing he was to so many. If I focus on the day, I'll get sad and weepy.

He would hate that, because it was a GREAT day for him! He was welcomed home to heaven by a chorus of angels and the outstretched arms of his Savior.

"Better is one day in His courts than thousands elsewhere..."

We miss you, De, but we wouldn't call you back here, even if we could. We're selfish, but not that selfish!

2 comments:

Amy Ulen said...

I agree that it is so much better to celebrate his life! I simply can't believe that it has been 10 years. De passed away two weeks prior to my dad, so those two events are forever linked in my memory. I'm so proud of you for being such a great champion of De's memory and sharing his (and your) stories with the world! He was a very wise man to take you under his wing.

Kris M Smith said...

*aaaaawwwwww*

Thank you so much for the kind words, "Chrystabel." Very much appreciated!

Hugs!