Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'll Be Building a House with Habitat for Humanity Tomorrow


I've just signed up to build a house with Habitat for Humanity tomorrow during the National Day of Service. I have the perfect t-shirt to wear (over my sweatshirt!). Haven't worn it yet. I bought a black t-shirt with Dr. King, Barack Obama and JFK and RFK on it a few months ago. This is the perfect opportunity to debut it publicly.

If any of you who are reading this are in Tacoma, and want to join me tomorrow, follow this link and sign up:http://www.usaservice.org/page/event/detail/dayofservicejanuary19/4v94x


If you aren't in Tacoma but are anywhere in the U.S., you can find a link at the above URL for an event near you. Just go to "Find an Event Near You" and type in your zip code.

Let me know what you did on the National Day of Service, have someone take a photo of you with your digital camera, and send it to me in an email as a jpeg. I'll publish it here next week if you give me permission!

Let's get 'er started... the "Rebuilding of the American Dream" kickoff begins tomorrow!

...and continues all day January 20th, 2009 when Barack Obama becomes the next President of the United States.

This is something to sit your kids down in front of the television set for, because in future years they WILL be asked, "Where were you the day Barack Obama became President?"

This is American history that we can be SO proud of!

He and VP Biden have a big hill to climb to get us out of the ditch we're in, but I feel very excited that they're the two we've chosen to lead out onward and upward.

Thanks again, America!

We have work to do.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, Kristine, for getting involved in a housebuild today, and encouraging others to do so as well.

It is my fervent hope and prayer that the momentum engendered by us to elect Barack Obama POTUS, will continue to move us toward an America where ALL of us will take responsibility for our country.

Me