Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hey, Get to Know My "Followers," Too! Fascinating Folks!


By clicking on the "Followers" names (scroll to the bottom of the page), you can find out more about some of the other folks following this blog. Several of them have their own blogs, and THEY ARE TERRIFIC!

One of my followers (Selena Rogers in Australia) is going through chemo (fighting leukemia), so let's all keep her in our prayers. Another delightful "follower" named Moss is a former Christian who has been following the Jewish faith for some time now. (I came real close to doing that myself as a teenager, too.) And she has some Leonard Nimoy articles to share on her blog about his upbringing as one of very few Jews in a Massachusetts community and about his parents' devout faith and their escape from Russia in a pile of hay. Fascinating stuff. (Ooohhhh... did I use that Spockian term?) I knew about it -- I followed Leonard for years, too -- but not all of you may know about it. So go find out on the blog!)

We are all connected. Would love to find Muslim, Buddhist and other faith followers, too...
and even some atheists! C'mon, I know you're out there. Stand up and be counted!

The only rule for this blog is this one: We have to be kind to those with whom we may disagree in any area: religion, politics, society, you name it. We call ourselves members of a "civilization," and I do insist on civility in order to publish comments that come in to me for this blog.

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. IDIC. It's the only way we can survive on such a small planet with such big weapons of mass destruction.

No comments: