Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I still haven’t had a report from St Joe’s about Aunt Tod, despite several calls to them. I don’t know if they’ve put her into a room yet. She didn’t get a bed overnight, so I’m guessing from this that her condition isn’t that serious or more would have been done by now with and for her.

I want St Joe’s to be aware that she is not to go back to the nursing home she was in under any circumstances and that both University Place Care Center and Kings Manor are ready to evaulate her for their facilities when the time comes that she can leave St Joes’s again.
It has been a very busy day. At noon I moved Tod’s things out of the nursing home so they won’t continue to charge her for a room there.

I asked to speak with a social worker so I can be sure they all know about our druthers when she gets placed outside the hospital again. I’m not always sure the right hand knows what the left is doing in medical facilities because everyone is so unbelievably busy…

3:30 Aunt Tod is in dialysis now. She won’t be out until about 6:30 or 7 and will be pretty wiped out by then so I will wait to visit her until tomorrow. I don’t know her room number yet. The social worker will call and let me know what it is as soon as they know where she’ll be placed…

No comments: