Thursday, September 20, 2007



Busy, busy couple of days at work and when I got home I was too tired to blog. But the weekend is coming ‘round again and perhaps I will be able to think of something outstanding - or at least ostentatious -- to say by then…

I’ve had three nights of really great sleep. It’s the hot chocolate, I tell ya, along with the cooling of the night air brought on by the change of seasons. I always sleep better in the winter. Nights are a lot longer up here in fall and winter, making it easier to go to sleep sooner but harder to get out of bed in the morning! That’s a small trade-off for living in God’s Country, though, isn’t it?

I watched KID NATION last night, episode one. Don’t know that I’ll stay with it, because I am SO not a TV watcher. Also watched an hour long Pacific NW special on global warming and what it’s doing to the Pacific Northwest. We’re losing glaciers at almost breakneck speed along with snowfall, the sources of cold water for essential salmon runs and for agricultural and forestry interests, not to mention drinking water). Some experts see the Pacific Northwest getting 10 degrees warmer before the year 2100 – just 93 years away. Ten degrees is HUGE when you are talking about eco-systems designed by God to retain and recycle watershed minerals and sustenance to them…

I’m kinda glad I won’t be here in 50 years (in probably 30 years!) but that doesn’t make me feel much better. My grand nieces will be and their kids will be, should the Lord tarry (which I don’t think He will, much longer).

People and industries who think only short term extinguish themselves and their progeny left and right. It’s criminal that we have looked the other way while pavement has been laid over vast expenses of cities, towns, highways and byways without much regard to what it would do to the environment the moment the vehicles, appliances and other industrial-age wonders began to encroach…

We’re digging our own graves and the graves of our progeny and it’s all but too late to turn it around. And NOW President Bush concedes there might be something to this global warming thing… the same week he conceded that Hitler wasn’t a very nice man…

Gawd Awmighty. It’s enough to drive me to despair.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I've been saying this for years - concrete comes from Satan.

Two things I've always hated: Traffic and smoking. They smell bad and they're dangerous, whilst being an unnecessary evil. And now it turns out, they killed each of my parents. Isn't that strange?

Everyone should get a bicycle. Some things aren't meant to be easy and instant. When will people realise?

Goodnight. Oh, and 'might be something to this global warming thing' will be that stupid boy's epitaph.