Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday -- WAHOO! I Need It!

It’s Friday! HALLELUJAH!

I am planning to have a VERY LONG long two-day weekend. To accomplish this, I am going to do very little. I will not do anything I don’t absolutely have to do unless I absolutely WANT to do it. One of the things I want to do is go to the Puyallup Fair (the Western Washington State Fair – look it up on the Internet if you don’t have a clue what it is, so you can be envious that you’re not a resident of the Pacific Northwest). That may be the ONLY thing I do this weekend other than attending Bible study on Sunday morning.

I will answer the phone if I feel like talking to someone. I may even pick up the phone and dial someone if I feel like talking. But right now I just feel like being very quiet and walking around the fairgrounds looking for things that make me smile, like lambs and calves and lop-eared bunnies and kids in pigtails and long-married couples holding hands.

I might do some holiday shopping there and come home with small goodies for loved ones. I might. This is the weekend when I indulge in whatever the heck it is I want to do, and nothing else.

What a concept. A weekend just for me… OK, and you… my virtual family… because I love doing this for/with you, too!

Now let’s see if God laughs at this plan, or if He lets me actually have it this way this weekend. You just never know! I’m open to suggestions, God. I’ll be very quiet this weekend and see if I hear anything more from You!

Thank You for the life I’ve had – every moment of it. It’s all good – even the hard parts that don’t seem to make much sense at the time…



No comments: