Thursday, August 9, 2007

Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder...


August 9, 2007

Zowie!!! My Preventive Medicine Library was a hit today. The copywriters are making me feel like James Michener (or at least famed advertiser Ogilvie) this afternoon. Now, if the CLIENT feels similarly, we should have lots of additional clients contacting us to partake of this carefully crafted treasure trove. I couldn’t be any happier regarding the response, because I have been at this job much less longer than they have, so if THEY feel it’s a major winner (they are good, helpful, critical mentors and don’t flatter me) I’m walkin’ on air the rest of the day! I told ‘em I may get to Vegas without a plane, they have me feeling so “high”!

I walked at lunch time again today – have done that all this week. It keeps my endorphins up and my nerves re Vegas down.

My Realtor called today and said there will be a brokers open house at my condo on Tuesday. EEGADS! That means I have tonight and Monday night to spruce up the place again. Not that it’s a shambles, but it does need that “sparkling” look brought back to the fore. Right now it looks lived in – by a very busy working person. Books are on the table instead of in the library; the toaster and mixer are in evidence in the kitchen; I need to put those away… and I need to vacuum and dust again… stuff like that. It won’t take long but it would be really, really great to not have to do it until Tuesday NIGHT, which is when I was planning to do it (prior to Bobbie’s arrival) because I have a feeling I’ll be pretty zzzausted Monday night after a long weekend convention and a work day without one of our copywriters…

But it is what it is -- and I will deal with it TONIGHT so I won’t have to think about it much at all Monday night. Besides, if I work hard tonight at it, I will sleep well and won’t be waking up every hour on the hour thinking, “EEEEEEEEGGAAAADDDDSSSSSSSSS!!!! It’s almost time to do my thing on stage in Vegas!”

One friend emailed me and said, “I don’t have another friend in my life who has APPEARED IN VEGAS! You’re the first!”

I laughed and then panicked again – but just for a moment!

Maybe I’d better rehearse again while I’m cleaning tonight… but then I would have to go around the stage cleaning it up in order to remember the words… No, I’m prepared to wing it now…

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder…
Flying high into the sun…

Wish me luck!

AND I FOUND A VIDEOGRAPHER, A FORMER CO-WORKER FROM WARNER BROS WHO WILL BE DRIVING IN FROM L.A. TO CAPTURE ME FOR POSTERITY (er, for archives)... GOD BLESS JOHN ANDERSON!!!

No comments: