Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kennedy diagnosed with malignant brain tumor

Disturbing news about Senator Ted Kennedy. My own mother passed away from a malignant brain tumor (glioblastoma multiforme) nine years ago. I'm very saddened to hear that Senator Kennedy has been diagnosed with a glioma, which is only phase one of a more complete diagnosis.

Senator Kennedy and his family are in my prayers that the tumor is both operable and eradicable.

He has been in the Senate since he took over his brother John's unexpired term in 1962. Far from a perfect man, he has never let that stop him from doing a lot of great things for people. I believe his place in American history is already secured and that his achievements in the Senate will be honored for generations to come.

My heart is heavy today, upon learning this sad news.

No comments: