Thursday, June 21, 2007

Where Oh Where is Senorita Invierno? ...and...De Talk Ponderings

Alison must have crested the summit by now and be on her way down... down.... down... to a town with an Internet connection, oh please, oh please... I feel like I've been holding my breath for astronauts to come out of the "quiet zone" during earth re-entry...

Alison, get in touch!!! I don't know how to call 9-1-1- in Spain (other than nueve cero cero -- and that code probably doesn't even work there)...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have to get on the stick and start thinking seriously about the upcoming STAR TREK convention! It's less than eight weeks away now.

I started re-reading my DE book a couple weeks ago -- got halfway through it... and put it down again. That's not going to get me where I need to be for Vegas! I need to stick with it. Maybe the July-August STAR TREK MAGAZINE with my interview in it will get me motivated. It should be out any day now... I await with 'bated breath!

I'm caught between thinking I need to create a "presentation" for the Vegas appearance and wanting to just relax and tell my story (briefly) before opening the event up to questions from the audience. With a "presentation" I will be far less comfortable; may look like a deer caught in headlights -- er, footlights. If I just relax and talk to De's fans the way I would if we were sitting across the table from each other, I will have more fun.

But that doesn't require any "preparation" and I think if I'm going to be in Vegas I need to PREPARE! What do you think?

How about, "Prepare to be relaxed?" Meditate on the result instead of how to get to it and expect that "the way will open."

I wonder how much De prepared to meet his fans. I wonder if the thought thrilled and scared him as much as it thrills and scares me...

I just have to remember De's profound response when Brent Spiner asked him what he should do to be a hit with TREK fans before his first convention. De told Brent, "Just love them."

The man was a genius. I will repeat that to myself as I step up those few steps in Vegas and gaze out at a bunch of people who love De. "Just love them."

Love them for De. Yes. He would like that. And I would love to do that. So... that's what I'll do!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Do any of you (who will be there) have any questions about De that you would like answered then? Let me know what they are. If you've read both De books (DeForest Kelley:A Harvest of Memories and FROM SAWDUST TO STARDUST) you may feel so well-versed in De that all you want to do it hang out and dig him with me when I'm NOT on stage. (I will be in my room waiting for anyone who has time to visit whenever they aren't enjoying another presenter.) Now, that would be terrific. But if there are still questions that you think I might be able to answer in a crowd setting, please bring them up BEFOREHAND to me. I don't want to be blindsided.



No comments: