Sunday, April 8, 2007

Qapla! (Klingon for "Success!")

After celebrating Resurrection Day at church this morning, I changed clothes and went directly to "Mt. Everest" (see yesterday's blog) and walked up it. It took fifteen minutes. If I combined "Mt. Rainier" with it, it would probably take 25 minutes total for that leg of the trek (arduous journey) to work. So I have decided I still won't be biking to work because I would arrive smelling like road kill and looking like a red-faced wild woman.

However! I am not defeated! I have decided to make that my walking place from now on. I have been walking on relatively flat surfaces during my exercise routine and now will take on "Mt. Everest" five days a week, along with a 30 minute flat walk at lunch time.

It felt good. I worked up a "glow" (female for "sweat"). The starting point of the walk is a Fred Meyer store, where I can park the car.

When I got back to Fred Meyer after the journey, I went in to see if they had one of those small "personal trampolines" for exercise and balance. They didn't, but I found two books I want to read, so got them. (EPIC: The Story God is Telling and the Role That Is Yours To Play, by John Eldredge; and The Freedom Writers Diary, by the Freedom Writers and Erin Gruwell, their teacher.)

John Elrdege is an amazing writer. Guys should read his WILD AT HEART and gals should read CAPTIVATING by Stasi and John Eldredge -- then you should switch and read each other's book, if you're married or just wondering where the other gender is coming from, relationships-wise. The books will be a real eye-opener.

I saw FREEDOM WRITERS, the movie, and wanted to get the diaries written by them, so this book was just what the doctor ordered. I look forward to getting into both of them this week. (I read two books simultaneously quite often -- one at lunch time and the other in the evening before I go to sleep.)

I have read so many wonderful books in my life... I have a personal library that's several hundred volumes in size. At some point I have to divest myself of most of them, because they are taking up way too much space (I also have well over 200 volumes of personal journals) but it's hard to think of parting with them.

If there is a particular book you would like to read and haven't yet, let me know what it is. If I own it, I'll mail it to you for the cost of postage. Disclaimer: (I'm not offering books I wrote as giveaways -- just other author's books!!! My books are available via this link http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~mdownes/kris/kristinesmith.html. Get them straight from the publisher and you will save both time and money (since they are Print On Demand books, you will be eliminating the middleman) and will receive the paperbacks in 7-10 days and the hardbound version of the Kelley book in two weeks.

It's 2:20 in the afternoon and I'm still overly warm from the walk, shopping and sitting here writing this blog. It's time to open a window and allow the breeze to come in.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I trust your Easter has been and will continue to be the blessing God designed it to be!

HALLELUJAH!!! HE IS RISEN!!!

No comments: