Thursday, April 26, 2007

....And This From Ali (Senorita Invierno) In Spain...

She has just finished LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS (for the first time)
Hello Kris,
I finally got through the book! I would obviously like to read it again with a Bible, but finding such a thing in English is proving to be difficult here. Nonetheless, I have two trips to England over the next two months. There are some books (of the Bible) I'm very keen to read now. Being very honest, I need to take it little by little or I just won't take it in!
I think I understand the basics now. We have liberation through Jesus but that doesn't mean we can do what we like! The prophecies fascinate me. The whole thing fascinates me. I don't have any trouble with the concepts or the spirituality - after all, I came at this already with the full feelings of faith in everything, which I continue to have (amidst earthly fears and doubts!).
I need to continue to trust my intuition - as you say, when God is speaking to me (and I quite agree), to know what to do in life. Above all things I trust that the most. Difficult to explain that to some people though.
One thing I didn't like was how self-centred my reactions were. All the time I was thinking, "What does this mean for me? What am I supposed to do? Give me a role!" But this is something He is doing every day. And the point of Faith is to trust that.So I will.
I still think I'm very much at the beginning of my road. But I have every faith it is the right road. Bit scared for the future of earth dwellers, though!
Also, I'm getting some really good feedback on my blog regarding my writing. Thanks for inspiring me to do it. At first I only told about 2 people it was there! Then I had some positive remarks. Yesterday I finally got up the courage to send an email out to everyone I have an address for. I really am deeply shy when it comes to these things, but I'm determined to 'shine'. I've had some wonderful responses. Feels good.However, if I'm ever to have success as an actor, I will need a publicist! I cannot do it! I couldn't be further out of my comfort zone! I'm so glad I got in touch with you.
Hope you've had a good day. I think I'm going to celebrate the start of the holidays (random Spanish week off - with pay!) with an episode of Star Trek. I've forbidden myself from eating anymore chocolate. Ali
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yes, it's true. You will want to read LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS through once... Get the lay of the land... allow the facts to convince you that the Bible really is the inspired word of God. THEN go through it again, with your favorite version of the Bible in your other hand.
I look at LEARN THE BIBLE literally every day at lunch. Some days I will read just two paragraphs and allow them to sink in. The next day I will read those two paragraphs again and then add a few more, so that little by little, layer by layer, the entire landscape of God's word begins to blossom. The desert containing my questions begins to blossom into knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Passages from the Bible take root in me and if I feel anxiety at any time during the day I "hear" God saying (from between the pages in the Bible) "Do not be anxious about anything..." "I have not given you a spirit of fear..." "Is anything too hard for Me?" Then I know, to the core of my being, that I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."
Once you realize and accept that the Bible really is an instruction manual and a series of love letters from God, laid out in a story format about what happens when we obey and when we stray... the roadmap to righteousness (right standing with God) begins to appear less daunting...
What does God require? Here it is in a nutshell from the prophet Micah:
"He has showed you what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
Isn't that everyone's fondest desire? To do justly. To love mercy. To walk, humbly, side by side with a Creator of the Universe? Try it once! If you can walk side by side with the Creator of the Universe (and you can!) without feeling humble, go and have your head examined!

No comments: