Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sigh! I Love Receiving Client Feedback!

A few weeks ago (did I tell you this already?) I got an email from an Elance client that rocked my world.  It was from a school teacher. I had sent him the first draft of the copy for his website.

His email read, " Kris, sorry for the delay in getting back to you; it has been a very busy day... but if I may curse for one second and say HOLY SH*T!  Wow, this stuff is great!!!"

Now, I'm accustomed to getting positive feedback from clients at Elance. You can read a lot of it on my feedback page there (http://kristinemsmith.elance.com/).

But once in a while someone pulls out all the stops -- as this gentleman did -- and rocks my world.  I placed his comment near my monitor so I can see it. It makes me smile.

Today I got another one after submitting a first draft of four pages I wrote for another client.  Even better?  You decide.  No swearing in this one... but it means the world to me!

It reads, "You are a one of a kind genius. I love it, I love it, I love it.  These writing pieces are equivalent to paintings by Da Vinci. I had an instinct about you that you've very well confirmed 100%. Excellent job." 

I can live for a month on emails like these.  I've started a little file of them. I should add some of the best ones from my feedback page at Elance, too... but it would take an hour or so and they're already documented, so I'll leave them where they are.

I love my clients. One of them is about to announce the publication and debut of her new non-fiction book. She's a Christian counselor. She'll be sending me two copies this week.  As soon as I have them in hand and get her go-ahead, I'll announce her book here and provide a link to it and to her website.  I was her Editor-in-Chief on the book and serve the same function on her forthcoming books, too.

It's an exciting time!

1 comment:

Kristi Patrice Carter said...

Hey Kristine -

I totally love receiving positive comments from Elance clients as well. I have to admit however that I don't like the negative ones but those positive ones really make your day. For over 10 years, I have been an Elance provider and I still light up when clients administer accolades for great work!

Kristi