Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Sad...

Several of President Obama's key people have withdrawn their names from consideration to serve him because of tax or other investigation problems. Sadly, I think it's a sign of the times, and since the President is really intent on "cleaning house," this just shows, I suppose, how systemic and broad the underlying problems really are and have been for decades if not generations. When even "good" people fudge on their taxes until they're caught and charged, it's awfully scary. Until we fully "get" the Golden Rule (which probably won't be till Kingdom Come), I suppose we'll always have some of these problems. It stinks!

I do think that whatever house cleaning Obama can do will be good for all of us down the road, though. I'm sad to see Tom Daschle take the fall -- I really, really like the man and it's a shame he won't be heading up HHS. The others, except for Bill Richardson, I don't know as well and so can't comment on. I hope Richardson's name is cleared during the investigation so he can help Obama, as he wants to do...

I still am gung-ho for Obama-Biden! Haven't seen anything in this team that dissuades me from continuing to feel good about them and their assembled team.

No comments: