Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WOO HOO! At Long Last -- I've Found Walter and Karen Dobbs!

WOO HOO!

I am so excited, I'm about to bust!

Cindy McDonald (formerly from Cle Elum) thought she might know where Karen and Walter Dobbs were these days, and she was RIGHT!  I just called them a few minutes ago and gave them a brief, 3-minute overview of the last 40 years, and we're going to get together sometime soon.

He's the teacher who INSISTED that I send my story about meeting DeForest Kelley to De himself -- and even though I balked, I did it so I wouldn't risk getting "written up" for disobeying my teacher!  IT WAS WALTER H DOBBS WHO GOT MY WHOLE DeFOREST KELLEY STORY ROLLING -- and he didn't know anything at all about the follow-up and how it led to my being De's personal assistant and caregiver at the end of his life.  He wanted to know the name of my book!  Gadzooks, I told him he was IN IT and that I have been looking for him for YEARS!

Gadzooks, I am almost hyperventilating, I'm so jazzed about this! I can't wait to tell you "the rest of the story" when we get together again...

God is good all the time!

No comments: