Sunday, November 9, 2008

Prophecy Comes True

I was right. I'm very sore today. It's a good thing I had to get out and walk around at some stores today or I'd be even worse off than I am tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll take a hot bath with some salts and see if I can walk off the rest of the sore spots...

Didn't do a lot today. After I got home from the store, I fell asleep in the recliner for a couple hours. That wasn't the plan (I planned to read for a while) but what the hey!

I got grand niece Casey a pink three-ring binder for her upcoming birthday (November 22nd) and created a cover for it that reads, "Casey's Creations." I put subject dividers in it and added 100 pages of lined school paper. It looks really cool. I think she'll be pretty thrilled to get it.

She is the talk of her class because she has started to write original stories and the teacher and her classmates are getting drunk on her cork. She brought me her most recent story. It pretty much blew me away! It had a beginning, a middle, and an end and went on for a good twenty pages!

Her teacher asked her to illustrate it, so she did that, too. I was SO proud of her that I thought I'd get her a binder to keep all her writings in.

She says she loves to write. A girl after my own heart, I tell ya!

Guess I'd better tell her she's related (as I am) to the lady in Germany who told her stories to the Brothers Grimm two or three centuries ago (which they wrote down when they grew up and learned to write), so she knows it's in her genes. I'm not sure she knows that yet...

What else? Nothing much, I guess. That's pretty much it for the day.

One flat news flash, huh?

Better luck on the morrow!

Ciao for now!

No comments: