Saturday, March 31, 2007

Response from Alison (Senorita Invierno) To My Immediate Past Blog...

Just read your blog and thought this would be best as an email...

My Drama tutor gave this quote as a handout to the whole class on the first day of term (many years ago when I was a silly young thing. Now I'm just silly). He was a lovely man. It's credited as Nelson Mandela's inauguration speech in 1994 but there's some controversy over the source and it's supposedly Marianne Williamson. However, it's beautiful in my opinion and what you wrote made me think of it. Shine on you crazy diamond. Remember I'm a fan too. There must be a reason!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Now, as before, I depend on you to send this to me at some point in the future because if we are to be struggling artists/soul mates/thick as thieves, then we can support each other!

I'm keeping a log of some of the things I'm doing here in Spain by the way, including visiting some very Holy places which I think you'd love. This country is so spiritual. And it's Semana Santa (Holy Week/Easter) so I'll save some things for you. Been very busy this week and my sister was rushed into hospital with a suspected burst appendix a couple of days ago, but everything's OK now and apparently it's just a virus. Phew!!!

Have a good weekend. It's raining apocalyptically today so I should get some writing done instead of standing wistfully on a mountain.

Ali

No comments: