Monday, September 7, 2009

Thanks, Phil! Sonny Starr Interview with Me Now Available Here

My nephew Phil just came by and upgraded my PC a wee bit, and I asked him to transfer the Sonny Starr radio interview I did (about the new STAR TREK movie and the newest De book, ENDURING LEGACY, and my association with De) from a CD to a wma file so I could share it with y'all at long last. So here it is. Enjoy! (Select Download or Copy from the menu and take it from there.)

http://cid-6fb921adf044f220.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Sonny%20Starr%20Interview%20with%20Kris%20Smith%7C_2009.wma

The interview is about ten minutes long. Sonny very kindly gave me permission to use it in any way I see fit... so if you'd like to disseminate this to other TREK/Kelley sites, feel free. The more people who hear it, the better for both Sonny Starr (Starr Talk Radio, available via the Internet every Sunday night; he interviews golden oldie stars. It's a delightful program every single week!) and book sales.

Thanks for you help! Let me know if you place it anywhere else.



3 comments:

Andy Matner said...

Really enjoyed your interview & I'm happy to hear there will be a 2nd edition of Enduring Legacy. I'll hold off on getting to my 1st edition bound.

Kris M Smith said...

The second edition won't be for another five years, and then only if I get enogh additional contirbutions to make it worthwhile. So submit something, Andy!

Andy Matner said...

Sadly I never got to meet De or any of the cast in fact. I couldn’t say he inspired me in any meaningful way. I just enjoyed his character & I always heard he was a gentleman; no one had a bad word to say against him. Unlike most of the original cast who seemed to have grievances with each other, mainly with Bill Shatner.
De just struck a cord with me because he seemed to be a decent man who loved his wife & the simple things in life. A rarity in the madness of Hollywood I imagine.