Monday, June 20, 2011

Got a Touching Note from a De Kelley Lass in Cork Ireland

Over the weekend I received a lovely email from a lady named Mary Tim (Kelly) Crowley in Cork Ireland about my book, DeFOREST KELLEY: A HARVEST OF MEMORIES.

She writes, "After reading it I feel I have just lived through with you the finish of a beautiful man's life... He was and still is loved... I thank God he had someone [to care for him]. Your book, and Terry Lee Rioux's [From Sawdust to Stardust, the Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy] helped us know him more.  I have sent his Actor's prayer to my nephew [Thomas Kelly] who also wants to be an actor. If he can be a good man like Mr. Kelley then he could be a good actor. It shines through. I was a fan of his since the first STAR TREK days, even skipping everything else on Friday nights. Now after reading his stories I have wept and laughed with you and felt with you. Thank you!"

****awwwww*****  Emails like this just make my day. They are far and few between anymore because the book came out so long ago, and I haven't been publicizing it much.  (You know a copywriter's first obligation is always to her clients. Like a mechanic, my own "vehicles" needs come last!)

This is just a reminder to those of you who have read the book that you may be passing on a blessing by recommending it to someone else who hasn't read it yet.  Just sayin'!  I would surely appreciate the boost whenever you get a chance to do something like this.  And if you haven't already written a review of it at Amazon, that would be another great way to give it a boost.  There are a lot of great reviews there, but I can always use more!

Thanks!

Kris

P.S. Hey, if you haven't read it yet and want to, and will commit to writing a review of it and recommending it to (or buying it for) at least two more people (I will want their names if you're recommending it, NOT if you're buying it), I will even send you the e-book version of HARVEST OF MEMORIES to read.

So send me an email to kristine m smith AT msn DOT com (no spaces between words) asking for the book and I'll send it to you free (IF you'll promise to tout it to others in the ways just mentioned).

No comments: