Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Counting My Blessings...

Not long ago -- I think around Thanksgiving time -- when I was dog-sitting not far from home, I spent about 35 minutes just writing down as many blessinsgs as I could think of.

I was amazed.

I ran out of time long before I ran out of blessings, and I was bunching up a lot of them: i.e., I was being thankful for my friends (in aggregate), my family (in aggregate), my pets (ditto), my home, health, job, PC, health, faith, government, country, church elders, military, sense of humor and fun...

It just all came in a flood!  It was pretty amazing. 

Now suddenly here we are, approaching Christmas, and I'm still feeling completely blessed. It isn't that I'm rolling in dough or that we're out of the woods yet, but I can tell it's coming. A better day lies ahead. I haven't felt this way in YEARS, but have felt this groundswell of hope and promise all year long, and that's what keep me putting one foot in front of the other and keeps me smiling on most days.

I hope your Christmas is warm, inviting and filled with love.

No comments: