Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why I "LOVE" (NOT!) Focus on the Family ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27369927

An excerpt:

'Smells like desperation'

"It looks like, walks like, talks like and smells like desperation to me," said the Rev. Kirbyjon Caldwell of Houston, an Obama supporter who backed President Bush in the past two elections. The Methodist pastor called the 2012 letter "false and ridiculous." He said it showed that some Christian conservative leaders fear that Obama's faith-based appeals to voters are working.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Christian right is behaving EXACTLY like the Pharisees of old. Why? For the same reason: They know they're about to lose the clout they've had all of these years, and are doing everything they can to vilify and scare us about Obama.

I am a Christian, so this kind of attack of Obama makes me want to throw up. So much for "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." What part of "hypocrite" don't you understand, Christian Right? You disgust me!

It's pathetic, uncalled for, and utterly, utterly FALSE.

I think I'll go re-read GOD'S POLITICS by Jim Wallis and try to remember why I love so many Christians so much! (Because they're nothing like these Focus on the Family clowns.)


No comments: