Monday, September 1, 2008

Convention Blues....


Nada going on at the Republican convention because of Hurricane Gustav. I keep checking in on it, but they just reported there won't be any significant speeches until at least tomorrow, so turning to other news...

Both political campaigns are asking supporters for relief donations via the Red Cross for Hurricane Gustav, so please go to http://www.redcross.org/ and give at least $10 to help cover the costs that are accruing by the second as hurricane season gets underway with a vengeance...

I'm inundated, suddenly, with Elance projects from just one buyer. I bid on five, 500-word articles and got twenty of them, with a very tight deadline, so I'll be working day and night, with cat naps between, to get them all finished, because there will be more after that if I knock their socks off... (so I'm aiming at their socks, you may be sure!)

I'll also be finishing one e-book for a client, am almost mid-way on a second, and will be undertaking a third over the next couple of weeks. And I may be hearing back from a recruiter on that copywriting job for a Christian relief organization in the next week or so. They'll be calling back finalists to meet the rest of the team soon...

And of course I'll be at the Puyallup Fair on the 10th and 16th from ten to 2 and probably a couple other times from six to ten. Then there's the Christian writing ministry that Yvonne Olson and I will be launching on September 20th, Writer's Edge. I'm getting really excited about that! So my September schedule is pretty well set! I'm gonna be as busy as a bee!

Oh! And my pew mate at church, Marian, is going to see if she can employ me as her early morning caregiver so I can take her to the Puyallup pool five days a week from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. She says if she can arrange that through Lutheran Services, I can swim free and even get a little stipend for gas and time spent. So there's my incentive to get active again: I love her and I love to swim! She has a caregiver from 9 to 3 M-F, but no one to take her swimming before the kids hit the pool. She wants to go EARLY and get out before they jump in. I'm happy as a clam to go to the pool early in the morning. Because, you see, God goofed: I shoulda been an otter. I love the water.

(Just joking, God! I know you didn't goof!)

That's about it for now! Hope you're having a wonderful Labor Day (if, indeed, you're here in the U.S. and having a Labor Day).

No comments: